Candidates for School Council Elections

There will be a an election for the two vacant seats on the school council. Paper ballots will be available and voting will commence on Monday, September 24th at 9:00 a.m. and close at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 27th.   At that time, ballots will be counted.   The successful candidates will be announced by Friday, September 28th.


Owen Murphy


My name is Owen Murphy.  I have four children, two of which have completed Mary Queen of Peace, one currently attending and another due to attend this wonderful school in the near future.


For the past three years, I have been volunteering with St. John’s Minor Hockey and St. John’s Minor Baseball.  I am a Health and Safety Instructor with Puglisevich, and I believe keeping our kids safe and active will give them the best environment to succeed in school and at home.  I look forward to the opportunity of representing all parents and helping our children have an enjoyable time at Mary Queen of Peace.

Robert Miller


Successful groups are based on cooperation, respect, and ambition to achieve more together. I have been fortunate to be a part of successful fundraising campaigns that have together raised more than $161 thousand for the Canadian Cancer Society, Choices for Youth, Dr. Jack Hand Legacy Foundation, Active Start, Kids Help Phone, Boys and Girls Club, The Gathering Place, and the Canadian Red Cross for Haiti relief efforts. As Board Member for the College of the North Atlantic, I was a part of rewriting our board governance and policy for the college. As President of the CNA Ridge Road Campus student union, I led two very successful years: reviving campus spirit and starting new initiatives that remain to this day. I look forward to meeting other parents, faculty and staff; and working together to achieve the best for our students and community. Thank you for considering me for Mary Queen of Peace School Council.

Stephanie Mealey


My name is Stephanie Mealey and I am running for an MQP School Council position.  I am Mommy to Noah (7) and Avery (almost 2). I hold Master and Bachelor degrees of Social Work from MUN and I am a Fellow of the School of Graduate Studies.  I have been a registered social worker for 16+ years and work as a Clinical Social Worker with Child and Adolescent Mental Heath, Eastern Health.


I am an elected member of the Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Social Workers Board of Directors. I have been a dedicated member of the PTA since my son started Kindergarten in 2016.  I have a keen interest in reviewing the school development process, student achievement, fundraising, as well as school and community relations. I believe I am an ideal candidate for a School Council position and I hope I can count on your vote! Thank you for your time!



Ken Payne


Hi, my name is Ken Payne. I have one son that has just started kindergarten at Mary Queen of Peace. I plan on being an active member to the MQP community for the next seven years,  whether it’s on the school council, as a volunteer or just  being a parent.


Professionally, I’m a Network Designer. My experience in this role requires that I listen to other people’s requirements, engage other teams and come up with an acceptable solution. I also work with those implementing the solution to ensure its success.


Before my son started MQP, I was already actively involved. In the Winter/Spring 2018, the school board were looking to modify our catchment zone. I, like many other parents, were concerned with how this was being handled and the options being presented. After attending the parent information session, I felt that the school board was not listening to parents concerns. I created a 10 page presentation including information from the City of St. John’s(traffic flows), pictures of the roads, calculations on walking distances, analysis on student attendance and sent it to all 17 members of the school board.


If elected, I will continue to bring this organization, enthusiasm and dedication.



Krista Fowlow


I am the mother of two active girls ages 7 (Grade 2) and 10 (Grade 5). I work in Human Resources with the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador and I volunteer on the Board with the Prince of Wales Skating Club. I am interested in joining the school council to help ensure parents’ views are represented in school decisions and that the children and staff have a fun and positive learning environment.



Rebecca Rudofsky


I am a mom to 2 MQP early French immersion students - Luke (Grade 5) and Matthew (Grade 2). I am a family physician with a private practice in the East End of St. John’s. I sit as an elected member on the council of the CPSNL (College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador) and I am an active member of the NLMA (Newfoundland and Labrador Medical Association). I am an avid runner and volunteer with many organizations including the Baby Friendly Council of NL and Team Broken Earth.  I am passionate about community and childhood physical and mental health  and I work every day to strengthen support for all children and families in our community. I love MQP and would like to contribute to the school community for all students, teachers and parents.

Susan LeDrew


I am asking for your Vote to allow me to serve you as your school council representative!!!  Most of you won't know me, as it is our family's  first year at MQP and we are so excited to be part of this community!!!

My name is Susan LeDrew and I am the mother of Ollie Pritchard in 5French. My other two sons are in Grade 9 and second year MUN business so we have very wide and diverse conversations at the dinner table .... Sports, human rights, politics, capitals of countries, alphabet car-name game and of course, friendly (most of the time) tormenting of your brother (s) are all par for the course!

My husband and I have practiced law since we moved here in the mid nineties (I'm from Corner Brook) and I come to you with the experience of having served as Chair of both the MDE and MDJH school councils, as well as various fundraising, auction and other committees at the boys' schools.     I am hopeful that my previous experience and exposure to other school communities will be an asset as your council member!

I have served many councils during my time in St Johns both on a volunteer and elected basis.   I've been a member of the MUN Board of Regents, College of Physiotherapists, Iris Kirby House, the National and Provincial Chair of Real property lawyers for Canada, Newfoundland Safety Council (Motorcycle training) as well as many ot‎her special and worthy interests.

I am present at MQP twice per day and will make myself available at any time to address any special interest or concern you have.  Please feel free to call me at 728-9739 to discuss any issue or concern you have.

Please come out and Vote. I hope you consider my candidacy favourably!!

Lauren Davies


I am a driven, professional Human Resources leader in the community and a proud mother of 5 year old twins.  I have a passion for helping grow talent and the ability to see the silver lining in all situations.


I am a strong communicator and very business savvy.  My past accomplishments include; published works, public speaking appearances and multiple training sessions.  When I am not at work you will find me enjoying the small things in life with my extensive family.


The possibility of sitting on the Mary Queen of Peace school council is very exciting to me and if given the opportunity I will do everything in my scope to ensure the school children, teachers, support staff and facility are well supported

Popular posts from this blog

Supply Lists for 2024-2025 School Year

OPTIS Family Teacher Interview Scheduler

MQP December 2023 Newsletter